✓ Paleo Friendly
✓ Keto Friendly
✓ Low Carb
✓ Sugar Free
✓ Gluten Free
✓ Grain Free
I have found a way to combine the best of every recipe I have ever come across for pecan pies, pecan tarts, and pecan bars to make them fit into whatever diet you and your guests are following. The best part? This pecan delight recipe is absolutely better tasting than any recipe I have ever tasted in my 40-ish years.
Don’t believe me? Just watch.
Pecan Delight Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsps erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Editor’s Note: 23 Metabolism Boosting Baked Goods
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ erythritol
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp maple extract
- ¼ tsp molasses
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir crust ingredients (almond flour, coconut oil, erythritol, vanilla extract) together until well combined.
- Press dough into a 9X9 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling.
- Combine all filling ingredients except pecans (almond milk, erythritol, coconut oil, arrowroot powder, sea salt, vanilla extract, maple extract, molasses) in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken, then remove from heat.
- Stir in ½ cup of pecans, and set aside to cool.
- Pour filling mixture on top of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of pecans on top of filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Chef Note: You may have noticed that I opted for almond flour over traditional white flour or wheat flour for this pecan delight recipe. This is great for those of you who are watching your glycemic index, as almond flour is high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and low in sugars. There are many alternatives to traditional flour, but personally I find almond flour to be the most delicious to use in recipes.
Pretty easy, right? Now, step back and watch how quickly these tasty treats disappear.
Fat: 29 g
Carbohydrate: 8.5 g
Fiber: 2.9 g
Protein: 4.9 g