If you have adopted the keto lifestyle but are struggling on Taco Tuesday, then struggle no more, my friends. I am about to show you a keto tacos recipe that is sure to blow you away.
Surely you can make lettuce wraps or (shell-less) taco bowls, but that is no fun when you really want to bite down into a crunchy taco. Am I right?
Making crispy cheese taco shells is so super simple, and they are gluten-free and low-carb and can be filled with all your favorite keto-friendly toppings, so you will never have to miss out on another Taco Tuesday again.
Let’s begin shall we…
Delicious Keto Tacos Recipe
- 2 cups + ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread 2 cups of cheddar cheese into four 6-inch circles, placed 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts and is lightly brown, roughly 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes before lifting with a spatula.
- Place each cheese “tortilla” over a wooden spoon handle balanced over 2 glasses (or whatever you find works best to create a curved taco shell 😉).
- Let taco shells cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Season with taco seasoning, salt and pepper to taste; cook for 1 minute more.
- Divide beef mixture among cheese taco shells.
- Top with avocado, lettuce, remaining cheddar cheese, and tomatoes.
- Do your happy dance and enjoy this keto tacos recipe!
Chef Notes: You can use any type of cheese you prefer for the cheese taco shells as they have different flavors and textures. Some yield a shell that is crisper while others are a bit tougher. The shells can be made with shredded cheese or cheese slices by heating in the oven, on the stove, or even in the microwave.
Chef Notes: You can absolutely top with anything your little heart desires—the sky is totally the limit with tacos! I love to a squeeze of lime juice, some cilantro, and a scoop of sour cream. Go wild!
Chef Notes: You can make your own simple, homemade taco seasoning in just 5 minutes by mixing 1 Tbsp of chili powder with ½ Tbsp cumin, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp oregano, ½ tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Add red pepper flakes (I use ½ tsp) and cayenne pepper (just a pinch for me) to taste—a bit more if you want more kick and a bit less for a milder seasoning. This keto tacos recipe is enough for several servings, so use 1 Tbsp for your tacos today and save the rest for your next Taco Tuesday.