Like most things in life, when it comes to nutrition and health policy, we like rules and boundaries. We like things laid out plain and simple — in black and white. We like to label foods as “good” and “bad.” Too often, however, this usually doesn’t work out too well, leaving us confused with conflicting (if not downright wrong) information. Eventually, we have to try to set the record straight after years of misinformation and misguidance by busting long-standing nutrition myths. In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’re discussing 11 so-called ‘unhealthy’ foods that have been unfairly demonized that are, in many cases, quite good for you. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
“As a general rule, food — real food, with as little processing or packaging as possible — is not bad for you.” – Kevin Loria
Pasta, potatoes, gluten, eggs, butter…you shouldn’t be eating these very often — if at all — right? They’re a far cry from healthy, right? Maybe…maybe not…
Inspired by a recent article written by Kevin Loria that was published on the Business Insider website, Shawn and Tim get a little controversial as they discuss the truth about several foods and categories of foods that have been demonized as unhealthy (perhaps wrongly so) for years. They’ll be trying to help set the record straight on so-called unhealthy foods, including:
- And more!
Are you confused about these foods or nutrition, in general? Is there a food or diet you’d like for us to weigh in on? Please let us know by leaving a comment below!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- 11 foods with a bad reputation that you can feel good about eating — including coffee, butter, and cheese – Business Insider
- Coffee consumption and health: umbrella review of meta-analyses of multiple health outcomes
- Use of dietary linoleic acid for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease and death: evaluation of recovered data from the Sydney Diet Heart Study and updated meta-analysis
- The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease
- The Salt Fix – Dr. James DiNicolantonio
- Redmond Real Salt
- 7 Nutrition and Exercise Myths…BUSTED! – BioTrust Radio #1
- 4 Health and Fitness Myths EXPOSED – BioTrust Radio #2
- 11 “Bad Habits” That Are Perfectly Good for You (according to science) – BioTrust Radio #37
- How Much is Too Much? 12 ‘Healthy’ Habits That Can Be BAD for You – BioTrust Radio #38
- 9 “Healthy Foods” That Are Worse for You Than a Candy Bar – BioTrust Blog
- Debunking the Myth: Avoid Fruit Due to High Sugar – BioTrust Blog
- Low-Carb vs Low-Fat: Which Diet Is Really Better For You? – BioTrust Blog
- Why You Need More Fat in Your Diet & Which Fats Are Best – BioTrust Blog
- The Truth About Cholesterol (Is Cholesterol REALLY Bad?) – BioTrust Blog
- Debunking the Myth: No Carbs After 6 PM is Best – BioTrust Blog
- Is the Keto Diet Safe? Get All the Facts Here… – BioTrust Blog
- What Is the Lectin-Free Diet? A Beginner’s Guide – BioTrust Blog
- Here are 8 Powerful Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Meat – BioTrust Blog
- 4 Cooking Oils You Should NEVER Use (and use these instead) – BioTrust Blog
- 6 Reasons You Should Eat the WHOLE Egg – BioTrust Blog
- 3 Overlooked Bulletproof Coffee Benefits (so, drink up!) – BioTrust Blog
- Debunking the Myth: Potatoes Are Empty Calories? – BioTrust Blog
- 3 Foods You Have Been Eating Wrong Your Whole Life – BioTrust Blog
- Here are the Top 10 Foods That Accelerate Aging (Beware!) – BioTrust Blog
- Is Butter Bad For You? Here’s What Science Says… – BioTrust Blog
- Is Salt ACTUALLY Bad For You? See Our Expert Opinion… – BioTrust Blog