When it comes to diet vs. exercise, have you ever been told that it’s “80% diet and 20% exercise?” Clearly, when it comes to this heavily debated topic, diet weighs supreme. After all, exercise alone doesn’t “work,” right? Or, does it? In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’re talking diet vs. exercise, and we’ll share our surprising take on this contentious topic.
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the podcast transcript
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
This episode of BioTrust Radio was spawned by a question from one of our very own VIP members Stephanie Rivera, who asked, “We all know that the best way to live a healthy life is to find a balance of healthy eating habits and physical activity. But if you could choose only one — focusing on a good diet or working out — which would you choose and why?”
Yep, the ol’ diet vs. exercise question. On one hand, many of us have been told that diet is more important. The 80/20 diet vs. exercise ratio had to come from somewhere. On the other hand, many people are urged by their doctors to start exercise because they need to lose weight. When it comes to diet vs. exercise, which is it? Are we even asking the right question?
Here are some of the things you’ll discover in this episode of BioTrust Radio:
- Can you “out-exercise” a “bad” diet?
- What does it mean that “exercise alone doesn’t work”?
- Why the real answer to the diet vs. exercise question may be “it depends.”
- Why we have to consider the tremendous benefits of regular exercise and physical activity, which FAR exceed weight loss.
- How the role of food addiction in the diet vs. exercise debate.
- What role does “momentum” play the question of diet vs. exercise?
- Why diet vs. exercise may be the WRONG question to be asking.
- How your relationships and people you surround yourself can influence the diet vs. exercise debate.
- Why we need to focus on putting more life into our years as opposed to more years in our lives.
- If we had to choose just one, what would we pick between diet vs. exercise?
- And much, much more!
When it comes to diet vs. exercise, which do you think is more important? We’d love to hear your feedback. Let us know in the comments below. Enjoy!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- BioTrust VIP Community
- Exercise ALONE Doesn’t Work – Tim Skwiat
- Exercise DOES Work – Tim Skwiat
- Harvard Study of Adult Development
- Jay Shetty – YouTube
- 8 Keys to Healthy Aging (NOT Nutrition or Exercise) – BioTrust Radio #14
- 9 Simple Tips to Stop Food Cravings – BioTrust Radio #16
- The ABCs of the Keto Diet: Avocados, Bacon, Coconut oil, and beyond! – BioTrust Radio #28
- 12 Powerful Habits That Will Change Your Life – BioTrust Radio #35
- Best Cardio For Weight Loss: Steady State vs High Impact – BioTrust Blog
- The Best 5 Measurements to Track to Improve Your Health – BioTrust Blog
- Food Addiction: Can You Actually Be Addicted to Food? – BioTrust Blog
- How to Live to Be 100…(the keys to healthy aging) – BioTrust Blog