As we have discussed this past week, with research suggesting that probiotic supplementation is even more important to your health than taking a daily multivitamin, and the fact that inadequate probiotic levels have been linked through research to more than 170 different major health issues – including obesity and weight gain – we truly believe that EVERYONE should be taking a probiotic supplement daily, ongoing, to continually fight against the bacteria-imbalancing factors that we are constantly exposed to every single day.
But here’s something you may not know…
93% of the probiotics contained in traditional probiotic supplements will be DEAD before they ever reach your gut.
This includes 99% of the brands found online, at your local grocery store, and local pharmacy.
And of course, dead probiotics are completely worthless.
You see, one of the greatest challenges in creating a truly effective probiotic formula is being able to actually deliver delicate probiotic cells to the gastrointestinal tract, fully intact and alive.
Because probiotics are living bacteria, they are also extremely sensitive to even the slightest change in environmental conditions. In fact, research has shown that after one year on the shelf, in a sealed bottle at room temperature, on average only 32% of conventionally-produced probiotics survive.
And get this, most of the probiotics products you find on store shelves are already well over a year old—some even as much as two years old. After all, big companies produce hundreds of thousands of bottles to cut cost and then store these bottles in their warehouses long before they ever end up in your hands.
But it gets worse.
Due to the extreme acidic environment of the stomach, another 80% of the remaining live probiotic cells will be killed off before reaching the intestine. In the end, traditional probiotic supplements, while claiming billions upon billions of active cells per dose, will only wind up delivering a measly 6.4% of what their label promises, alive and well to your gut (with the other 93.6% rendered DEAD and utterly useless).
With that said, you can see how a probiotic product claiming 20 billion cells is reduced to a mere 1 billion count rather quickly—which may still sound like a lot, but it’s not nearly enough to fend off and turn around your bacterial imbalance.
When it all boils down, not only are these products a complete waste of your time and money, much more importantly, they are robbing you of the critically important health benefits that are the entire reason you would invest in a probiotic product in the first place.
Makes you angry, doesn’t it? You trusted your brand of probiotics to deliver an array of benefits to you, but, instead, they’ve been betraying you with counterfeit pills full of dead cells. Enough to make your blood boil, I know!
Fortunately, there is a solution, and the answer lies in a patented process called Microencapsulation Technology.
Simply put, if the probiotic you are taking is NOT using patented Microencapsulation Technology (again, like 99% of the generic probiotic supplements found online and at your local grocery store and pharmacy), you are literally wasting your time, money, and health by swallowing DEAD probiotic cells daily.
Instead, make sure you are getting what you pay for by investing in a microencapsulated probiotic supplement.
To learn more about Microencapsultation Technology, visit the link below: